Complaints of the World ~ Thoughts & Theories
Idiosyncrasies of Phy ~ Life, as it is.

Royalty - A Typical Leo.
Pure ferocity & a Lion's heart.
Stubborn yet marshmallowed.
A Fighter.
Friendster.
Life's Kaleidoscope.

Sunday, November 26, 2006
When things seem so wrong...
Sometimes things can go all awry & one starts to wonder if God truly exists. Or perhaps if life was meant to be this bad. Sometimes I think God only allows me to be happy to a certain extent, before he sends my world tumbling down again. Perhaps, if I pretended to be sad, he wouldn't notice & let my world slip into complete happiness, hiding from his watchful eye.
Shit happens, I quote a friend.
Yesterday was a funny day. Thinking about it makes me laugh.
1. A taxi driver uncle said, "I like you alot."
2. Mr Loberto Di Matteo or Mr Roberto Di Matteo? =) The latter, in life size human form, ain't no cardboard involved!
3. A job offer while on the job? Hewlett-Packard welcomes Phylicia Hwam!
And so the story goes . . .
I took a taxi to work coz I woke up late. The taxi uncle said I was considerate coz I asked if he had change for $50. Then he offered me "Kopiko" upon knowing I haven't had anything to eat the entire morning. He went on about God & for a moment there, I had that knowing smile on my face, thinking that my God up there in the heavens has finally sent someone to talk to me. Then Taxi Uncle said he noticed I'm always smiling and that he likes me alot. I said "Thank you uncle." =)
At work@ The Terrace Wing ... I'm jumping for joy! Love it here coz it's peaceful and I get to chit chat with my guests more . . . though I'm situated AT the lift landing. And so, this guest comes up to me and asks if there's a great Japanese restaurant. I recommended Shima@ The Goodwood Park Hotel. Made the reservation and realised he's Mr Loberto Di Matteo! OMG! This is his 3rd stay at Hyatt and the 1st 2 times, yours truly checked him in. DUUUDEEEEE .... he's charming. His name used to appear as Roberto Di Matteo . . . I wonder which idiot changed it in the system. Either, he waved goodnight. Heehee *big big grin*
Slogging away at work, this guest comes to me to say he wants a lower rate by giving up his club access . . . Alrightey Mr Kant, I'll do it for you, no worries. And suddenly my world goes into this flurry of activity of ringing telephones and a screaming frantic GSO from front desk demanding to transfer a call to me even though I said I'm busy with a guest. So Mr Kant sees AND listens AND observes everything I'm doing and starts talking to me about my job here. He then goes on to tell me that if EVER, I want to switch jobs, since he comes here every month, I must approach him and he'll give me a job at HP. =) *another big big grin*
I liiikkkkeee ...
Posted by PhyQuirks. at 8:17 am