Complaints of the World ~ Thoughts & Theories
Idiosyncrasies of Phy ~ Life, as it is.

Royalty - A Typical Leo.
Pure ferocity & a Lion's heart.
Stubborn yet marshmallowed.
A Fighter.
Friendster.
Life's Kaleidoscope.

Sunday, May 04, 2008
The Gathering
I can't remember the last time we gathered to send someone off at the airport. Can't remember sending Lau off at the airport.
But tonight jolted many memories from the past.
Made me think of the journeys those of us gathered around have travelled in the last 10 years of our lives separately.
It made me feel like I was 17 or 18 again, sending Lau off to Sydney for his studies ... knowing he'll be back soon.
Perhaps the reality of "migration", as my sister had so aptly put it to me, has not sunk in yet. It does take a while I guess.
But perhaps, the one person who has felt it already is our dear Garfield.
And so dear Lau is off to start his life someplace else, in this strange world called Sydney, while the rest of us continue to slog thru our strange other world Singapore.
Adios amigo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sister, the one I was so sure would enjoy the company of my friends who've watched her grow from a tumbling bumbling kid to the taller-than-phy-sixteen-year-old she is today. She being a part of the gathered ones brought back memories of how she used to want to hang out with us in the patio of my house, struggling to keep her wide eyes open, fighting to keep away the ZZZ monster.
"Silly girl, so how was hanging out with old fogeys?"
"It's fun, dajie ... it's actually alot of fun ..."
My heart feels lighter. Yet heavier again.
Perhaps she was never a kid. Perhaps she only did fit in the adult world better because of how she grew up in a family of adults. Perhaps ... perhaps ... perhaps ...
I love my dearest sister to bits and would protect her or not protect her the best I can, just so she'll be a fighter in this cruel world of ours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Theories of the Babies and Marriage by Kah Soon
The gathering was incessant laughter due to the unravelling of The Theory of the Babies and Marriage.
It was funny, extremely funny.
According to the man, women should ideally have children as young as possible to have better slimming effects and to continue to look young. Women should also ideally get married at age 24 and once past, will turn moldy and expire and cause themselves to be ostracized by the holy hellhole of The Theory of the Babies and Marriage Cult.
Men on the other hand, have a slightly long time before they expire. Alternatively, once expired, can opt for the "Buy 1 get 1 free" scheme.
It was funny ... and perhaps I didn't quite share it in depth.
But I had great stomach exercise this evening .
Posted by PhyQuirks. at 1:56 am