PhyQuirks.




Complaints of the World ~ Thoughts & Theories
Idiosyncrasies of Phy ~ Life, as it is.




Royalty - A Typical Leo.
Pure ferocity & a Lion's heart.
Stubborn yet marshmallowed.
A Fighter.


Friendster.

Life's Kaleidoscope.









Kaleidoscope Literati

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

April 2008

May 2008

July 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

April 2009



Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Passing of 2008 . . . in a nutshell

2008 flew past ... literally.
I recall my chinese tuition teacher telling me that when I feel that time is passing too quickly, it means I'm getting old. *chuckles*

In a nutshell ...

2008 was a year where too many things happened in my life. Mostly good, I assure you.
No doubt life inevitably hurls me into the dumps once in a while, but I must say it's all been well and fine.

The end of 2008 also marks the start of my 7 month countdown to age 28.
Age 28 terrifies me. The thought of it at least. And I do have unfinished business that I have aimed to finish before hitting Age 28. Yes, the Panic Button has been hit.


Aside the rest of 2008, I must say 2009 hit me like a snowball hurled in my face.
Christmas & New Year's went by so quickly, I didn't feel a thing. Which also gets me to wondering if I'm truly numb or just immune or . . . I'm not so sure??!

I spent Christmas on a Boeing 777-300ER to Milan, then Barcelona. I guess I can say I spent Christmas in 4 countries - in the airspace of Singapore, an hour on the tarmac of Milan's International Airport, and a couple of hours in Barcelona before spending the rest of Christmas Day in Valencia.

Whoa, typing it now seems overwhelming & amazing, ironically making me feel special just spending Christmas in soooooo many countries in a short span of time. *Chuckles*

Valencia, Granada, Costa Del Sol, Seville, Lisbon, Fatima, Salamanca, Segovia, Madrid, Toledo, Zaragoza (Aragon), Barcelona.

That sums up my 2 week holiday in Spain & Portugal.
Love Spain & portugal ... amazing plains / mountains ... beautiful world heritage old town sites ... churches upon churches upon churches that were jawdropping ...

New Year's Eve, I visited Fatima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Fatima) where The Virgin Mary appeared 6 times over the course of 6 months in 1917 to thousands of people but first to 3 children and gave 3 messages:

1) World War II was coming.
2) Communism would fall.
3) A secret known only to the Pope.

Lit a candle, like most who visit, & prayed for Happiness & Peace.

New Year's was a quiet affair spent in a hotel room in Salamanca, a university town, where they filmed Vantage Point at its square.

Not that I didn't enjoy it. It was just quiet/peaceful.

Posted by PhyQuirks. at 12:49 am 0 comments